Forza Horizon | Hype Thread | Bet you the demo could outscore GT5!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

Forza may have scored higher on GS but I much prefer Gran Turismo. To me, it's the better game.

The_Game21x

For realism it's better, but Forza is the better game. So it really depends what your looking for.

Actually, Forza's physics are more realistic than GT5's. Forza 4 has a better tire model, better suspension model, better mechanical damage and more that I'm not going to bother to mention.

Wow stop embarrassing your self Forza is an arcade/sim racer GT is a driving/racing sim it is one of the closest things to driving a real car, lol more realistic physics and better suspension don't make me laugh.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

For realism it's better, but Forza is the better game. So it really depends what your looking for.

Z-Fatalis

Actually, Forza's physics are more realistic than GT5's. Forza 4 has a better tire model, better suspension model, better mechanical damage and more that I'm not going to bother to mention.

Wow stop embarrassing your self Forza is an arcade/sim racer GT is a driving/racing sim it is one of the closest things to driving a real car, lol more realistic physics and better suspension don't make me laugh.

pretty sure since Fm3 they have been simulating tyre heat and how that relates to tyre wear and grip.

If you take the training wheels off and put on simulation handling on forza you'll be in for a nice surprise and eat those words.My only issue with FM is the 4wd's feel too grippy and their launches seem off in some cases.

I've played both series a fair bit with less assists than most so i have a fair bit of weight that FM4 and GT5 are both competent driving simcades if you take of the training wheels and stop being a wuss.

GoneRabbid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GoneRabbid
Member since 2012 • 148 Posts

Well there is Little Big Planet Karting:lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

razgriz_101

pretty sure since Fm3 they have been simulating tyre heat and how that relates to tyre wear and grip.

If you take the training wheels off and put on simulation handling on forza you'll be in for a nice surprise and eat those words.My only issue with FM is the 4wd's feel too grippy and their launches seem off in some cases.

I've played both series a fair bit with less assists than most so i have a fair bit of weight that FM4 and GT5 are both competent driving simcades if you take of the training wheels and stop being a wuss.

Cmon man whats the point? Why argue with a guy who claims MGS: Ground Zero is the best game ever after seeing 10 seconds of gameplay from it. He clearly nows his stuff :P

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Z-Fatalis

razgriz_101

First of yes I know this, GT does not not simulate tyre wear hence why I never mentioned that or the damage system in my post the parts that I had a problem with was the realistic physics and suspension which in GT is absolutely amazing. Look Iv'e played GT with a steering wheel on simulation mode countless times the car honestly feels so realistic to drive when you have your brakes lock up at a turn and your car spins is so real and I'm not bashing Forza at all but when I played Forza I really did not get the same feel it isn't even a fully sim game you can compare the games in many ways but not realism c'mon.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#57 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

The game looks amazing, and as a fan of aracde racing, I like how they're moving more towards that. The graphics also look awesome, as they always do in Forza, and I know it'll sell well. All that aside, GS will give it 8.5.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"] Wow stop embarrassing your self Forza is an arcade/sim racer GT is a driving/racing sim it is one of the closest things to driving a real car, lol more realistic physics and better suspension don't make me laugh.Z-Fatalis

First of yes I know this, GT does not not simulate tyre wear hence why I never mentioned that or the damage system in my post the parts that I had a problem with was the realistic physics and suspension which in GT is absolutely amazing. Look Iv'e played GT with a steering wheel on simulation mode countless times the car honestly feels so realistic to drive when you have your brakes lock up at a turn and your car spins is so real and I'm not bashing Forza at all but when I played Forza I really did not get the same feel it isn't even a fully sim game you can compare the games in many ways but not realism c'mon.

any simulator worth its weight needs tyre heat simulation its a massive key part of motorsports....and the suspension stuff is extremely good in 4 aswell, i've had to tweak many a car to get it going round gp circuts in better time.

Just play forza 4 with no assists and sim handling on and as i'll say you'll be very shocked most of the behaviour you go on bout in gt is in fm4.

And if your saying fm isnt realistic then how does gt5 be any more realistic considering the absence of tyre heat simulation which directly affects how a car grips the road etc.

Neither are full on realistic, both are simcades straight up and down.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"] Wow stop embarrassing your self Forza is an arcade/sim racer GT is a driving/racing sim it is one of the closest things to driving a real car, lol more realistic physics and better suspension don't make me laugh.OB-47

Cmon man whats the point? Why argue with a guy who claims MGS: Ground Zero is the best game ever after seeing 10 seconds of gameplay from it. He clearly nows his stuff :P

Yh I must be crazy thinking the sequel to one of the most consistently if not the most consistent highest rated/most appreciated series in gaming is going to be one of the best games ever? and even though my sig expresses my opinion alone you seem to have a big problem with it well look here you derp MGS1 on GC = 9.4, MGS2 = 9.6, MGS3 = 9.0, MGS4 = 10 and thats me only using Gamespot so forgive me I guess your opinion >mine, idiot.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
funny how GT fanboys still cant get over the fact that Forza stomps a mudhole in GT's @$$ ... "bu bu teh driving iz better in GT!!! :cry: " oh please,thats like saying splinter cell is better than MGS because it has better stealth. MGS >>>> Splinter Cell Forza >>>>> Gran Turismo DEAL WITH IT!!!
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Why do lems hype this game and not even buy it? gran turismo might not be as good, but atleast the game can sell.

razgriz_101

just gonna show you this...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/forza-3-sales-surpass-2-million/

that was only 2 months after launch which to be honest aint that bad.Prolly 3 will have topped round the 4mil mark and im sure 4 is in the same ballpark.

Ownage Approved! "bu bu Forza dont sell!!! :cry: "
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
AA Don't really like the open world aspect of the game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

any simulator worth its weight needs tyre heat simulation its a massive key part of motorsports....and the suspension stuff is extremely good in 4 aswell, i've had to tweak many a car to get it going round gp circuts in better time.

Just play forza 4 with no assists and sim handling on and as i'll say you'll be very shocked most of the behaviour you go on bout in gt is in fm4.

And if your saying fm isnt realistic then how does gt5 be any more realistic considering the absence of tyre heat simulation which directly affects how a car grips the road etc.

Tire Heat Simulation? You mean how in GT5 when you first start your tires are dark blue and you have less grip? Then as the tires warm up their colors lighten and your grip improves? But when you overdrive your tires get hot and turn red and you begin to lose grip again? Is that what you're talking about?
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jessejay420
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Z-Fatalis

level 3 posts 63 ok kuraimen :lol: do you really need an alt account? :lol:
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"] First of yes I know this, GT does not not simulate tyre wear hence why I never mentioned that or the damage system in my post the parts that I had a problem with was the realistic physics and suspension which in GT is absolutely amazing. Look Iv'e played GT with a steering wheel on simulation mode countless times the car honestly feels so realistic to drive when you have your brakes lock up at a turn and your car spins is so real and I'm not bashing Forza at all but when I played Forza I really did not get the same feel it isn't even a fully sim game you can compare the games in many ways but not realism c'mon.Nuck81

Tire Heat Simulation? You mean how in GT5 when you first start your tires are dark blue and you have less grip? Then as the tires warm up their colors lighten and your grip improves? But when you overdrive your tires get hot and turn red and you begin to lose grip again? Is that what you're talking about?

i was talkin more bout the actual way the track and tyre integrates, FM4 does tyre pressure aswell which strangely GT5 didnt when i played it.

Those also factor into grip, how the tyre heats up and effectively upon the handling model, GT's had that system since 3 and to be brutally honest has not improved much, FM4 im pretty sure if you whap up the diagnostic menu in race you can see the heat and core temprature and PSI of the tyre.GT5 doesnt really give much indicator on what heats being put through or how it simulates this.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Z-Fatalis

jessejay420

No idea what your talking about or who that is but on your earlier point I didn't even say GT is better then Forza (I do happen to think its better but I haven't even mentioned it once) so I don't know why your calling me a fan boy I clearly said this will be a good game on page 1.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jessejay420
This Generation: FM2 9.2 >>> GT5 8.0 FM3 9.5 >>> GT5 8.0 FM4 8.5 >>> GT5 8.0 GT5 8.0 >>> Prologue 7.5 :lol:
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"][QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"] Wow stop embarrassing your self Forza is an arcade/sim racer GT is a driving/racing sim it is one of the closest things to driving a real car, lol more realistic physics and better suspension don't make me laugh.

No idea what your talking about or who that is but on your earlier point I didn't even say GT is better then Forza (I do happen to think its better but I haven't even mentioned it once) so I don't know why your calling me a fan boy I clearly said this will be a good game on page 1.

you can switch back to your main account now. no need to pretend anymore,kuraimen.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Z-Fatalis
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] level 3 posts 63 ok kuraimen :lol: do you really need an alt account? :lol:

you can switch back to your main account now. no need to pretend anymore,kuraimen.

Ok detective.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"][QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"] No idea what your talking about or who that is but on your earlier point I didn't even say GT is better then Forza (I do happen to think its better but I haven't even mentioned it once) so I don't know why your calling me a fan boy I clearly said this will be a good game on page 1.

Ok detective.

ok kuraimen.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Voted AA, but AAA is a possibility.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Forza may have scored higher on GS but I much prefer Gran Turismo. To me, it's the better game.

Masenkoe

[spoiler] pssst.. me too. Dont tell anyone though. I prefer the driving in GT, though I think Forza is a better built game outside of that. [/spoiler]

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#74 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Forza 4 got AA, so I'm going AA with Horizon.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

Wiimotefan

[spoiler] pssst.. me too. Dont tell anyone though. I prefer the driving in GT, though I think Forza is a better built game outside of that. [/spoiler]

Careful don't want some of these lemtards getting butthurt and crying cause you disagree with them :D
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

Z-Fatalis

Careful don't want some of these lemtards getting butthurt and crying cause you disagree with them :D

Kind of like what you've been doing with GT5? :?
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"][QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

soulitane

Kind of like what you've been doing with GT5? :?

Owned!!!
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Don't really care. I stopped playing racers since GT5 was released.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jessejay420
Don't really care. I stopped playing racers since GT5 was released.ShadowsDemon
GT5 was so horrible that it made gamers stop buying racing games forever :lol:
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#80 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Don't really care. I stopped playing racers since GT5 was released.jessejay420
GT5 was so horrible that it made gamers stop buying racing games forever :lol:

No. It was okay. I can understand why some people hated it and why some loved it, but it's not not my type of game. Nor are racers.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#81 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I say AA. It does look great, but not as good as the main Forza games.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
non-hillbillies am cry
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I think the score will be AA
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Forza Horizon...

give-a-****.php.gif

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PAL360

Forza Horizon...

give-a-****.php.gif

GamerwillzPS

Your "Butt-Hurt-O-Meter", on the other hand, is probably over 9000.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Forza Horizon...

give-a-****.php.gif

PAL360

You "Butt-Hurt-O-Meter", on the other hand, is probably over -9000.

Fixed. :P

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

You "Butt-Hurt-O-Meter", on the other hand, is probably over -9000.

sts106mat

Fixed. :P

haha dork - over "minus 9000" could still be a positive 9000 you mean "below minus 9000". hahahaha

Whaaat? Did you not learn maths?

-9000 is still minus!

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PAL360

Since the last game was AAA LOCK only to come back AA FLOP and a special damage control discussion thread had to be made to contain the butt hurt, I'm going with AA to avoid that fiasco again.Heil68

Another butthurt cow (who also seems to have a PC). Is it because no one cares about LBP Karting, Playstation All Stars and other first class thank you Sony exclusives? You must understand, man, those games came out for Wii long time ago!

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] haha dork - over "minus 9000" could still be a positive 9000 you mean "below minus 9000". hahahahasts106mat

Whaaat? Did you not learn maths?

-9000 is still minus!

take a few brain cells did it? I dig a hole in the ground and go down. i am 300 feet below sea level. or minus 300 feet below sea level. your term ("over minus") - 300 feet below" could describe me as being stood on top of mount everest.

i know what you mean though, but as the ownage was already massive with pal360's original comment so i dont want to take away from his fun there.

PAL360 has a massive ownage? But he doesn't have a gif and I do. :lol:

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

The situation resolved itself.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PAL360

^sts106mat is Heil's alt account :o

[spoiler]

good job, man :P

[/spoiler]

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jessejay420
non-hillbillies am crythemajormayor
lol
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jessejay420

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Forza Horizon...

give-a-****.php.gif

PAL360

Your "Butt-Hurt-O-Meter", on the other hand, is probably over 9000.

ownage approved!!
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

GreenGoblin2099

C'mon man!! GT5 doesn't have flying cars!!!! Can't be better!!

AAAAE just because of those legendary cars!! :cool:

but it does have jumping cars